The automotive industry is increasingly embracing AR/VR applications as part of its quest for competitive advantage. With an ever-evolving hardware landscape, the deployment of these applications is able to deliver a higher quality experience, more immersive environments and greater asset handling.
- How did AR/VR evolve? The The past few years?
In the past two years, there have been rapid developments in the augmented reality (AR) and virtual reality (VR) space, on both the hardware and software sides. This growth has been accelerated by the pandemic as more and more companies are going digital, they are finding value in AR and VR technologies. The combined market for augmented and virtual reality is expected to reach $300 billion by 2024 and $100 billion by 2030, according to Morgan Stanley estimates. Statista. The automotive industry is increasingly embracing AR/VR applications as part of its quest for competitive advantage. Typical scenarios where AR/VR adds value in automobiles include field service, technician training, AR-enabled R&R help, remote assistance, etc. We at BGSW have been working with the auto industry on these scenarios for some time now. With an ever-evolving hardware landscape, the deployment of these applications is able to deliver a higher quality experience, more immersive environments and greater asset handling. With so many organizations already trialing and releasing innovations, tools, and applications, the concept of AR/VR is quickly gaining popularity.
2. How will AR/VR revolutionize the market and solve the challenges? How will you change the future of business?
We’ve seen AR/VR rapidly find adoption in 3 key areas – Training, Industry 4.0, and Customer Experience. We at BGSW are actively involved in developing solutions in all three areas:
- Workouts – With things going digital, remote training has become a preferred platform as it allows for better workouts by reducing travel requirements. At BGSW we are actively working on training platforms that allow the rapid creation and deployment of effective trainings.
- Industry 4.0 – Remote Assistance, Digital Twin, and Guided Maintenance are frequently addressed by AR/VR. BGSW’s Digital Twin offerings are already available for companies to start using.
- Customer Experience – AR has been actively explored in the fields of customer experience (CX) and retail. While there are successes in individual areas, adoption of AR in customer experience remains low due to challenges in content creation and “platform creation” for offerings. BGSW is working on various initiatives to address these challenges. For example, we recently launched an AR-enabled e-commerce solution that allows organizations to quickly integrate AR experiences into their e-commerce applications. This solution is called Bridge Commerce and is available at SAP shop.
3. How does BGSW fit into the entire AR/VR ecosystem?
The AR/VR space is constantly evolving, opening up a plethora of opportunities for organizations. BGSW is uniquely positioned on AR/VR as one of the early adopters of these technologies. We have a unique blend of services and solutions that enable us to solve customer problems in Training, Industry 4.0 and Customer Experience.
AR/VR offerings can be categorized into 3 broad categories of Training, Industry 4.0, and Customer Experience.
Service offerings across these three include 3D content creation, AR/VR core application development, and platform solutions such as VR training, Bridge Commerce, etc. We at BGSW provide end-to-end solutions that include cloud, front-end, back-end, and integration along with core AR/VR requirements. This allows us to provide end-to-end solutions and act as a partner in our customers’ XR journey. We work with a range of expert teams, partner networks and startup collaborations to address business problems in the most efficient way possible.
4. Extended Reality (XR) is an emerging technology and industry buzzword. How does XR transform the customer experience? How do AR/VR accelerators, Virtual Experimental Zones, and Metaverse Experience Centers enhance experience innovation?
Over the years, the customer experience has evolved dramatically. Brands enhance customer experience by offering Extended Reality (XR) experiences such as virtual showcases, virtual stores, AR product experiences, AR-enabled configuration, and more. These experiences are rapidly changing the way customers interact with the company’s products. XR gives more freedom to better experiment with products and interact in an immersive environment before making purchase decisions. At BGSW, we recently deployed the AR Enabled Accelerator which plugs into SAP Hybris and Mobile e-commerce applications to create a more comprehensive product experience. This solution significantly reduces the time it takes for sellers to create AR Product experiences in e-commerce applications.