1. “High quality. Seat me. However I’ll make it as laborious as… so that you can sit with me.”
That was Fox NFL analyst Greg Olsen the SI Media podcast Simply over a month in the past after we talked about probably changing Tom Brady within the sales space each time the legendary quarterback retires.
Two weeks into the NFL playoffs, Olsen is clearly going to make it troublesome for Fox to bench him.
Regardless that we’re working with a small pattern of video games, Olsen has had an amazing postseason and is poised to realize extra viewers due to this yr’s Fox broadcast of the Tremendous Bowl.
Olsen actually confirmed his chops within the ultimate three minutes of the Niners’ victory over the Cowboys on Sunday. Most analysts fail late in video games, as a result of they do not perceive clock administration and timeout technique. In the meantime, Olsen could not be extra of all of it.
Because the Cowboys hit their ultimate run of the sport, Olsen, after ending close to midfield, identified that though Dallas tight finish Dalton Schultz received out of bounds, the clock hadn’t stopped, as a result of he wasn’t transferring ahead when he hit. margin. Olsen additionally known as on Cowboys coach Mike McCarthy and the Dallas gamers to not do extra earlier than a late punt to save lots of time on the clock. And at his most interesting second, Olsen identified that McCarthy wanted to name his timeouts earlier than, not after the two-minute warning—a training method most NFL analysts (and coaches) fault with.
Whether or not somebody enjoys a broadcaster is totally private. My two primary standards for anybody within the sales space are (1) don’t disturb me; (2) Get the technique proper. Olsen is 2 for 2.
It is also simply tremendous simple listening. He would not go overboard, he would not attempt to act like the gang is silly and he is a footballing genius who is not afraid to criticize gamers and coaches.
If something, I might like to see slightly extra character out of Olsen. At one level within the Dallas-San Francisco match, Olsen’s accomplice, Kevin Burkhart, revealed that Olsen had been belting out some Rihanna songs throughout one among their automobile journeys over the weekend. I used to be very curious to listen to which Rihanna songs Olsen was jamming. I additionally wished to listen to Olsen drop a couple of bars, however I can perceive why that is likely to be an excessive amount of for some viewers.
Here is the wild factor about Olsen: He is solely been doing this for 2 seasons. Tony Romo was a lead analyst for six seasons. Chris Collinsworth was a lead analyst for 20 years and Troy Aikman was a lead analyst for 21 seasons. Olsen is superb already, and he is solely going to get higher.
That is the place Brady’s dilemma comes into play. If GOAT decides he is achieved with soccer, he has a $375 million contract with Fox that invitations him to grow to be its senior analyst.
Will Olsen’s look drive Fox to go together with a three-person cabin? Can fox put brady within the studio and make him part of Fox NFL Sunday?
I believe at this level, Fox goes to must have Brady on board with Burkhardt and Olsen. If Fox demotes Olsen, who has grow to be a fan favourite, to Brady, the community will arrange Brady to face main backlash.
Here is what Olsen additionally needed to say throughout that SI Media podcast look:
“Fox believed in me greater than another community. A number of the different networks, we sort of danced round, and there was some curiosity, however no one like Fox. So I solely have positives to say about my complete expertise with the folks at Fox. I hope to work with them over the subsequent 20 years.” Subsequent yr. I simply hope he is with the A crew.”
It is laborious to think about at this level, particularly if he had an amazing Tremendous Bowl, that Fox might pull Olsen off the A-list crew.
2. Dak Prescott was the topic of a number of scathing tweets Sunday after he threw two interceptions in Dallas’ loss to San Francisco together with from the COWBOYS social media staff!
3. I used to be shocked extra wasn’t made Sunday about save Robbie Gould saving his staff’s lead within the fourth quarter by by accident turning his physique into Cowboys kick returner KaVontae Turpin, who was on the way in which for a TD. Oddly sufficient, this was the “remedy” that introduced Turbine down.
4. You already know the outdated adage “the guess would not pay out”? Do not inform that to this man who turned $5 into over $72,000 this weekend by accurately predicting the primary landing scorer in all 4 video games.
5. Is that this a method for Travis Kelsey to deal with the perfect quarterback within the NFL?
6. Final SI Media podcast Contains a dialog with former Tremendous Bowl champion and present podcast host Chris Lengthy.
It’s also possible to see information SI Media podcast on YouTube.
7. Random Video of the Day: the Royal Rumble It’s this Saturday and as one among WWE’s signature pay-per-views, the occasion has had many memorable moments through the years. All through the week, I will be exhibiting a few of these right here. Immediately, we begin with the best Royal Rumble out and in as ever.
You’ll want to Comply with up on earlier variations of Traina Ideas and take a look at Sports activities Illustrated Media Podcast Hosted by Jamie Traina on an AppleAnd Spotify or The Google. It’s also possible to comply with Jimmy on Fb TwitterAnd Instagram And Tik Tok.